Re: "Extern" on email address

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "Extern" on email address
Дата
Список pgsql-www
> On 06/07/2016 08:53 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
>> Unfortunately, it's not optional.  As much as the comment is that we're
>> "likely" to remove them, we really don't have a choice.  Before too much
>> longer, DMARC is going to be used and respected and required by big
>> email organizations (eg: GMail ...) and if we change the Subject (or a
>> number of other headers, or the body of the email) then the DMARC will
>> fail and the email will be rejected.
>>
>> We're going to have to remove the subject tags and the footer from all
>> of the emails due to this.

> Outside of a warning to the lists that it is going to happen, this isn't
> a big deal. The only real concern is filters and you the email address
> isn't going to change, so we can filter on that.

I expect you can find the past discussions about this if you search
the archives for "DMARC", but the core point is that the only way we
can continue doing header-munging is if we change the From: address
so that list messages appear to originate from the listserv rather than
from the actual author.  Otherwise, many large sites are going to start
treating it as spam/forgery; Yahoo already does.  We pretty much agreed
that that solution is far worse than giving up header-munging and
footers.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: