Re: Full Text Search dictionary issues

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Full Text Search dictionary issues
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Howard Rogers <hjr@diznix.com> writes:
> OK, Tom: I did actually account for the number of rows difference
> before I posted, though I accept I didn't show you that. So here goes:
> Both queries return zero rows. One takes an awful lot longer than the
> other. The only difference between them is that one searches for
> 'ftx1' and the other searches for 'ftx0'.

Well, this still doesn't tell us anything about what I think the
critical point is, namely how many actual matches there are for
ftx1 versus ftx0.  Could we see counts for *just* those words without
the other conditions?

> So, I would still like to know if this performance difference when
> encountering alpha-numeric "words" is dictionary-related,

AFAIK there is no significant difference between treatment of pure alpha
and mixed alphanumeric "words", at least not once you get past
to_tsquery.  I'm still expecting this is just a matter of how many index
entries match.  It's barely possible that you've got a dictionary
configuration that makes the to_tsquery() function itself a lot slower
in the alphanumeric case, but that should affect ftx1 and ftx0 equally.