Re: updated patch for selecting large results sets in psql using cursors

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: updated patch for selecting large results sets in psql using cursors
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
<chrisnospam@1006.org> writes:
> here comes the latest version (version 7) of the patch to handle large
> result sets with psql.  As previously discussed, a cursor is used
> for SELECT queries when \set FETCH_COUNT some_value > 0

Applied with revisions ... I didn't like the fact that the code was
restricted to handle only unaligned output format, so I fixed print.c
to be able to deal with emitting output in sections.  This is not
ideal for aligned output mode, because we compute column widths
separately for each FETCH group, but all the other output modes work
nicely.  I also did a little hacking to make \timing and pager output
work as expected.