Re: Renaming schema's [SOLVED]

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Renaming schema's [SOLVED]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jochem van Dieten <jochemd@oli.tudelft.nl> writes:
> I asked on the pgadmin-support list and Dave Page answered:
> <quote>
> pgAdmin hides system objects by default, but in the case of the public
> schema it makes an exception bcause hiding public would not be sensible.
> It does it by a combination of name and OID: the oid is less than the
> last system oid, so it is hidden, except if it is called public.

Hm.  Might I suggest that a better policy (as of 7.3) would be:

1. Schemas (pg_namespace entries) are considered system objects if and
only if their names begin with 'pg_'.

2. For all object types that exist within schemas, it's a system object
if and only if it's within a system schema.

We really want to move away from using OID-range tests for anything...