Re: fix for readline terminal size problems when window is resized with open pager

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: fix for readline terminal size problems when window is resized with open pager
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> writes:
>> See https://bugs.python.org/issue23735 for background.  Apparently
>> this is expected behavior (and we are far from the only ones
>> complaining about it):

>> "And so we reach where we are. If a SIGWINCH arrives while readline is
>> not active, and the application using callback mode does not catch it and
>> tell readline about the updated screen dimensions (rl_set_screen_size()
>> exists for this purpose), readline will not know about the new size."

> Meh.  At the very least, this is a serious documentation failure on their
> part, because their docs about interrupt handling look exactly the same
> as before, to wit saying exactly the opposite of this.

Hm ... actually, the claim that this is somehow new behavior in
libreadline 6.3 or thereabouts is purest bilge, because 4.2a (released
Nov 2001) acts exactly the same.

Сообщение: Re: Should TIDs be typbyval = FLOAT8PASSBYVAL to speed up CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY?
Сообщение: Re: Should TIDs be typbyval = FLOAT8PASSBYVAL to speed up CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY?