Re: Obscure: correctness of lock manager???

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Obscure: correctness of lock manager???
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Schoebel-Theuer <schoebel@informatik.uni-stuttgart.de> writes:
> Do you have any clue whether it really could happen that really
> NEVER any blocking occurs when running the DBT3 benachmark with 8
> or 16 parallel backend processes???

I haven't looked at dbt3 at all ... what does it do?

We do make a point of trying to prevent concurrent readers and writers
from blocking each other, so depending on how the benchmark is set up,
a low probability of lock conflict is certainly possible.