Re: Fwd: pg_dump VS alter database ... set search_path ...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Fwd: pg_dump VS alter database ... set search_path ...
Дата
Re: Fwd: pg_dump VS alter database ... set search_path ...  ("Ivan Zolotukhin" <ivan.zolotukhin@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
"Nikolay Samokhvalov" <samokhvalov@gmail.com> writes:
> What is the reason to not include database settings (like search_path)
> to database dump created with "pg_dump -C"?

Duplication of code and functionality with pg_dumpall.  I'd want to see
some thought about how to resolve that, not just a quick copy-some-code-
from-pg_dumpall-into-pg_dump.  You also need to explain why this issue
should be treated differently from users and groups ...  a dump won't
restore correctly without that supporting context either.

I have no objection to rethinking the division of labor between the two
programs, but let's end up with something that's cleaner not uglier.