Re: Timezone abbreviations - out but not in?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Timezone abbreviations - out but not in?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Dave Page" <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:
> It seems like a bug that we happily output PKST as a timezone (in a
> 'timestamp with time zone'), but won't accept it back in.

[ shrug... ]  The set of timezone abbrevs recognized on input is
user-configurable, so that situation will always be possible.

It appears though that our tznames list is a bit out of date: it
has PKT but not PKST or PKDT, which evidently are the current spellings
in use for that zone.  It might be time for someone to go through
the zic database again to see what else has changed.