Re: Backend Crash v8.4.2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Backend Crash v8.4.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Kelly Burkhart <kelly.burkhart@gmail.com> writes:
> The crash left a core file, does the stack trace indicate anything crucial?

> (gdb) where
> #0  0x000000000068d884 in SearchCatCacheList ()
> #1  0x0000000100000000 in ?? ()
> #2  0x0000000000bbcbe0 in ?? ()
> #3  0x00007f3b3a86a580 in ?? ()
> #4  0x72ddbea20068dae0 in ?? ()
> #5  0x00007fff78faa720 in ?? ()
> #6  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
> Current language:  auto
> The current source language is "auto; currently asm".

That's pretty much useless unless you can install debug symbols and
try again.  I will say though that this is probably a new bug ---
I don't recall seeing anything crashing in SearchCatCacheList recently.

> Can anyone provide some guidance on how I can go about discovering the
> cause?

Please try to create a reproducible test case.  One thing you can get to
start from is the query that was being executed --- try this in gdb:

    p debug_query_string

If that just gives you a number and not the text of a SQL query, try

    p (char *) debug_query_string