[HACKERS] Write operations in parallel mode

От Antonin Houska
Тема [HACKERS] Write operations in parallel mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Now that dynamic shared memory hash table has been committed
(8c0d7bafad36434cb08ac2c78e69ae72c194ca20) I wonder if it's still a big deal
to remove restrictions like this in (e.g. heap_update()):
/* * Forbid this during a parallel operation, lest it allocate a combocid. * Other workers might need that combocid for
visibilitychecks, and we * have no provision for broadcasting it to them. */if (IsInParallelMode())    ereport(ERROR,
        (errcode(ERRCODE_INVALID_TRANSACTION_STATE),             errmsg("cannot update tuples during aparallel
operation")));

--
Antonin Houska
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH