Re: BUG #16502: EXPLAIN JSON format adds extra quotes around index names

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #16502: EXPLAIN JSON format adds extra quotes around index names
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Euler Taveira <euler.taveira@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> Indeed, relation names should return the same. The fact that
> explain_get_index_name always calls quote_identifier is the culprit; it
> should call quote_identifier only when the format is TEXT. Patch is
> attached.

Agreed as to the bug, but I think we ought to fix it by redefining
explain_get_index_name's API as "return the bare index name always",
and let the callers apply quoting.  The callers seem to all have
separate code paths for text format already.  Furthermore, if
explain_get_index_name needs to have different behavior for text
format, that requirement propagates to explain_get_index_name_hook
functions --- and I don't think we want to change the signature
for that hook.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #16502: EXPLAIN JSON format adds extra quotes around index names
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16502: EXPLAIN JSON format adds extra quotes around index names