Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Introduce dynamic shared memory areas.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Introduce dynamic shared memory areas.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Introduce dynamic shared memory areas.

gaur finds another problem with dsa.c: it uses SIZE_MAX which AFAICS
is not required to exist by POSIX.

We could adopt the timezone code's workaround

#ifndef SIZE_MAX
#define SIZE_MAX ((size_t) -1)
#endif

but I don't find that particularly nice, and in any case I wonder
why we would want to use SIZE_MAX and not MaxAllocHugeSize.  The
overflow hazards that motivate that not being the max possible
value seem relevant here too.