Re: [INTERFACES] Postgres Limitations

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Postgres Limitations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
[ Redirected to hackers, as it's now way off-topic for pgsql-interfaces ]

Peter T Mount <peter@retep.org.uk> writes:
> [ trying to test whether Postgres can split a huge database into
>   multiple 2-Gb files ]
> The problem I have is that it takes 4 hours for a table to reach 2Gb on my
> system, so it's a slow process :-(

I had a thought about this --- is there a #define somewhere that sets
the size at which the system decides it needs to split a table?
(If not, shouldn't there be?)  If there is, you could build a debug
copy of Postgres in which the value is set very small, maybe a meg or
less, and then it'd be easy to test the file-splitting behavior.