Re: Unixware Patch (Was: Re: Beta2 Tag'd and Bundled ...)

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: Unixware Patch (Was: Re: Beta2 Tag'd and Bundled ...)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

--On Tuesday, September 02, 2003 18:32:03 -0400 Bruce Momjian
<pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:

>> > Woh, I thought we just agreed that getpwuid_r() isn't required for
>> > thread-safety on your platform.
>> it's CLEANER to use it.
>>
>> Our API Signature is the _r version, why not use it when it's available?
>
> My new patch will optionally use it if it exists, but we still need to
> know if it is required so if we don't find it, we throw an error.

On UnixWare, either should be thread-safe, to the best of my knowledge.
HOWEVER,
UnixWare has the getpwuid_r version, and since our API(from thread.c) is
the _r signature,
we should just return getpwuid_r(...,....,..., etc).

LER