Re: PSQL segmentation fault after setting host

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PSQL segmentation fault after setting host
Дата
Re: PSQL segmentation fault after setting host  (Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au>)
Список pgsql-general
Morgan Taschuk <m.taschuk@newcastle.ac.uk> writes:
> I hope someone can help me. When running psql from the command line with
> the PGHOST environment variable or the -h command line host set, it
> throws a segmentation fault.

> $ psql -U morgan -d cid -h localhost
> Segmentation fault

Huh.  Can you get a stack trace from that?  Try like this:

    $ gdb /path/to/psql
    gdb> run -U morgan -d cid -h localhost
    ... should stop with a report of a segfault ...
    gdb> bt
    ... we need to see what's printed here ...
    gdb> quit

If the bt output is all numbers it won't be helpful.  On Red Hat
systems the thing to do is install the postgresql-debuginfo RPM
that matches your postgresql RPMs, but I'm not sure exactly how
Ubuntu packages that information.

Also it would be good to show the output of ldd applied to psql.