Re: pgsql/src/interfaces/libpq (Makefile)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql/src/interfaces/libpq (Makefile)
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
I wrote:
> Remove 'override' keyword, which breaks the build on HPUX, and probably
> anywhere else that Makefile.shlib needs to modify CFLAGS to produce
> valid code for a shared library.  I'm not real clear on *why* the use
> of override causes make to ignore the later attempt to assign
> CFLAGS        +=
> but it indubitably does --- at least on gmake 3.79.1.  gmake bug?

Sigh, that's what I get for typing commit notes right on the command
line --- what I cut-and-pasted was
CFLAGS          += $(CFLAGS_SL)
but since I'd used double quotes, my shell tried to expand that...

Anyway, it seems like "override" does not work the way Peter is
expecting it to, at least not in my copy of gmake which I believe is
up-to-date.  I seem to recall someone else complaining of this same
breakage a day or two back, as well.

Is this a make bug, or a make documentation bug, or what?  I sure don't
see anything in the make manual to suggest that it should act the way
it's acting...