Re: selecting from cursor

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: selecting from cursor
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alex Pilosov <alex@pilosoft.com> writes:
>> And what are you doing with the places that don't care which kind of RTE
>> they are dealing with (which is most of them IIRC)?  While you haven't

> They just have things declared as RangeTblEntry *, and as long as they
> don't access type-specific fields, they are fine.

So you have four (soon to be six or seven) different structs that *must*
have the same fields?  I don't think that's cleaner than a union ...
at the very least, declare it as structs containing RangeTblEntry,
similar to the way the various Plan node types work (see plannodes.h).

> For scrollable cursors, Rescan should be implemented as 'scroll backwards
> until you can't scroll no more', correct?

No, it should be implemented as Rescan.  The portal mechanism needs to
expose the Rescan call for the contained querytree.