Re: SQL Function Slowness, 8.3.0

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SQL Function Slowness, 8.3.0
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
"Gavin M. Roy" <gmr@myyearbook.com> writes:
> After detailed examination of pg_stat_user_indexes usage, it's clear that
> the functions don't use the same indexes.  I've casted everything to match
> the indexes in the SQL function, to no success.  Any suggestions on next
> steps?  Maybe for 8.4 we could find a way to explain analyze function
> internals ;-)

Yeah, this could be easier, but it's certainly possible to examine the
plan generated for a function's parameterized statement.  For instance,
say you're wondering about the plan for

    create function foo(int, text) ... as
    $$ select * from bar where f1 = $1 and f2 = $2 $$
    language sql

What you do is

prepare p(int, text) as select * from bar where f1 = $1 and f2 = $2 ;

explain analyze execute p(42, 'hello world');

It works exactly the same for statements in plpgsql functions,
remembering that both parameters and local variables of the function
have to become $n placeholders.  Remember to make the parameters
of the prepared statement have the same declared types as the
function's parameters and variables.

Сообщение: Re: Anybody using the Dell Powervault MD3000 array?
Сообщение: Re: Anybody using the Dell Powervault MD3000 array?