Re: Reducing Transaction Start/End Contention

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Reducing Transaction Start/End Contention
Дата
Re: Reducing Transaction Start/End Contention  (Paul van den Bogaard <Paul.Vandenbogaard@Sun.COM>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Mark Mielke <mark@mark.mielke.cc> writes:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> How about this wording:
>> "Review Simon's claims to improve performance

> What sort of evidence is usually compelling? It seems to me that this
> sort of change only benefits configurations with dozens or more CPUs/cores?

The main point in my mind was that that analysis was based on the code
as it then stood.  Florian's work to reduce ProcArrayLock contention
might have invalidated some or all of the ideas.  So it needs a fresh
look.