Re: PL/PgSQL STRICT

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PL/PgSQL STRICT
Дата
Re: PL/PgSQL STRICT
Список pgsql-hackers
Christopher Browne <cbbrowne@gmail.com> writes:
> This is adding specific syntax for what seems like an unusual case to me,
> which seems like an unworthwhile complication.

That was my first reaction too, but Marko's followon examples seem to
make a reasonable case for it.  There are many situations where you
expect an UPDATE or DELETE to hit exactly one row.  Often, programmers
won't bother to add code to check that it did ... but if a one-word
addition to the command can provide such a check, it seems more likely
that they would add the check.