Re: surppressing column names in COPY format

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: surppressing column names in COPY format
Дата
Re: surppressing column names in COPY format  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> the problem is that I am restoring the data to a database with different
> column names, which errors out in 7.3 (but didn't under 7.2 since it
> didn't produce column names in the COPY output). I checked the docs and
> it provided no clue as to how to suppress column names for COPY only
> dumps.

I think you can still get it to dump as INSERTs without column names.

I don't really agree that we've "lost functionality" here, though ---
you might as well claim that it's a bug that the COPY command forces
you to restore the data into a particular table.  If you need to do
data transformation (which includes relabeling columns IMHO), restore
the data into a temp table and then do INSERT ... SELECT ... to massage
it into what you want.