Re: Fwd: When are largobject records TOASTed into pg_toast_2613?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Fwd: When are largobject records TOASTed into pg_toast_2613?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thomas Boussekey <thomas.boussekey@gmail.com> writes:
> Le ven. 21 août 2020 à 15:10, Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> a
> écrit :
>> The safest way would be to upgrade with pg_dumpall/psql.

> The `pg_dumpall` command will also copy the content and the existence of
> the `pg_toast_2613` table, isn't it?

No.  pg_dumpall does not do anything with system catalogs per se.

> Moreover, it will generate a large downtime

Yeah.  It's a tradeoff of safety versus downtime.  If that toast table
is physically empty (I would not bet on it without checking), then you
could manually hack up pg_class to remove the toast table, but there's
a nontrivial risk of permanently hosing your database by messing that
up.