Re: PSQL commands: \quit_if, \quit_unless

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PSQL commands: \quit_if, \quit_unless
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 01:10:06PM +0100, Fabien COELHO wrote:
>> If there is a negative condition syntax, I would slightly prefer \ifnot to
>> \if_not or worse \unless. I would disaprove strongly of \unless because it
>> looses the clear symmetry with a closing \fi.

> I take it \sselnu is right out.

[ splorf... ]  But really, \fi is something that could only be loved
by a certain academic breed of hackers.  I'd go for \endif, probably.
That still doesn't relate well with \unless, so +1 for \if, \ifnot,
\else, and \endif.

I'm not really convinced that we need an \elseif at this point.
It could be added later if people find it compelling, but I'm
having a hard time believing that it's essential.