Re: [HACKERS] Getting server crash on Windows when using ICUcollation

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Getting server crash on Windows when using ICUcollation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 6/19/17 23:36, Ashutosh Sharma wrote:
> In  this case, even if i am trying to use ICU 53 libraries but as
> dll's i am using is from ICU 49 (as my system PATH is pointing to ICU
> 49 bin path) the uconv -V output would be '49.1' instead of '53.1'. In
> such case, the postgres installation would fail because during
> installation it would search for libicu53.dll not libicu49.dll.

I don't think this is how it works.  The result would be that uconv
claims the function is available but it's not in the library -- then you
get a compilation failure.  Or uconv claims the function is not there
but it is -- then you just build without using it.  The .dll files are
only used at run time.