Re: Dumping/restoring fails on inherited generated column

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Dumping/restoring fails on inherited generated column
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 25 Sep 2020, at 15:07, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> We could probably fix this by having ALTER TABLE ONLY / DROP EXPRESSION update the attlocal column of direct children
totrue, to make the catalog state look like something that can be restored.  However, that's a fair amount of
complicatedcode, so for now I propose to just prohibit this command, meaning you can't use ONLY in this command if
thereare children.  This is new in PG13, so this change would have very limited impact in practice.

That sounds a bit dramatic.  Do you propose to do that in v13 as well or just
in HEAD?  If the latter, considering that the window until the 14 freeze is
quite wide shouldn't we try to fix it first?

cheers ./daniel

От: Bharath Rupireddy
Сообщение: Re: Parallel INSERT (INTO ... SELECT ...)
От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: Transactions involving multiple postgres foreign servers, take 2