Access Conversion

От Mark Lubratt
Тема Access Conversion
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I'm trying to convert an Access application to have its backend be
PostgreSQL.  I've created the schema and imported the data without a
problem.

My problem is that the Access application wasn't written by me and has
numerous queries and table relationships  that I want to replace in
place with tables linked to the new backend.

So, far, I've tried adding all the PostgreSQL tables as linked tables.
Then I'm renaming the new linked table over the top of the original
Access table.  Access asks me if I want to replace the old table and I
say - yes.  This seems to keep the queries in tact.  However, if the
table being replace has table relationships defined, then Access wants
to delete those relationships prior to copying over the table.

Is there a way to do this "in place"?  In other words, is there a way
to get Access to accept the new linked tables as the old tables without
having to destroy/recreate the table relationships?

Thanks!
Mark