Re: FOP warnings about id attributes in title tags

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: FOP warnings about id attributes in title tags
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> Over on our shiny new PDF builder at
> <https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=alabio&dt=2019-02-18%2012%3A32%3A08&stg=make-pdfs>
> FOP is complaining about a bunch of unresolved ID references.
> It appears that these are due to title elements having id tags. At
> <http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CrossRefs.html> is says:
>     When adding an |id| or |xml:id| attribute, put it on the element
>     itself, not the |title|.
> So maybe we need to fix those up?

Hm.  I think the places where we did that were so that links to a section
could use the section title text as the link text (rather than "Section
x.y.z", or whatever randomness you get for an unnumbered section).  Maybe
there's another way to do that, or we can think of something that reads
well enough without such special pushups.  The current arrangement is
definitely a hangover from the old doc toolchain, so very possibly there's
a better way.