Re: Sigh, LIKE indexing is *still* broken in foreign locales

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Sigh, LIKE indexing is *still* broken in foreign locales
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Erich Stamberger <eberger@gewi.kfunigraz.ac.at> writes:
> Another interresting feature of Czech collation is:
> H < "CH" < I

Oh my, that *is* interesting (using the word in the spirit of the
ancient Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times"...)

> So what happens with "WHERE name like 'Czec%`" ?

The wrong thing, without doubt.

Would it help any to strip off one character of the given pattern?
That is, if the pattern is LIKE 'foo%', forget about the last 'o'
and generate bounds like 'fo' <= x <= 'fp' ?