Re: Bug in 7.2.1? -- ERROR: Adding columns with defaults is not implemented.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bug in 7.2.1? -- ERROR: Adding columns with defaults is not implemented.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
adwolf1@yahoo.com (ad wolf) writes:
> Using pg 7.1.2,  I can enter the following statement successfully:
> # alter table manufacturer add column dummy integer not null default
> 1;

You might have been able to enter it, but it didn't do what the spec
says it should do.

The behavior PG can actually implement is equivalent to the spec
behavior for ADD COLUMN followed by a separate SET DEFAULT command,
and that's how you have to do it in 7.2.