Re: pg_get_constraintdef

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_get_constraintdef
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Is there some reason why pg_get_constraintdef only supports Foreign Key
> constraints?

Lack of implementation effort --- the original definition/implementation
was FK-specific, but now, as the code says,
* XXX The present implementation only works for foreign-key constraints, but* it could and should handle anything
pg_constraintstores.

Feel free to contribute some code.

> Why not have it output ALTER TABLE commands for UNIQUE and
> PRIMARY KEY constraints?  That would make my life so much easier for
> phpPgAdmin and also pg_dump could be simplified quite considerably...?

I do not think pg_dump would gain anything much, since it has to be able
to deal with older servers.