Re: Allowing SSL connection of v11 client to v10 server with SCRAM channel binding

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Allowing SSL connection of v11 client to v10 server with SCRAM channel binding
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> When trying to connect to a v11 client based on current HEAD to a v10
> server using SSL, then the connection would fail.

That's bad ...

> The attached patch,
> for REL_10_STABLE, allows a server to accept as well as input "eSws",
> which is a combination that can now happen. This way, a v10 server
> accepts connections from a v11 and newer client with SSL.

This is not an acceptable fix.  We have to maintain the ability to connect
to unpatched older servers.  If features added to HEAD have broken that,
either we fix those features to be backwards compatible, or we revert
them.