Re: problem with sorting using 'ORDER BY' when character field is filled with numerical values

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: problem with sorting using 'ORDER BY' when character field is filled with numerical values
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dragan Matic <mlists@panforma.co.yu> writes:
> Is there some way to make Postgres sort elements
> in this way (setting sort order or collation, I suppose)?

C locale would sort that way; you appear to be using some other locale.

I concur with the nearby suggestions that you should consider a more
appropriate datatype, if all your data will be integers.  Operations on
integers will be lots faster than operations on strings.