Re: sql startment problem PLEASE HELP .....

От mark.powell@eds.com (Mark D Powell)
Тема Re: sql startment problem PLEASE HELP .....
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Stephen Bell <stephen.bell@cgi.ca> wrote in message news:<3B43591F.5AEEBDB5@cgi.ca>...
> Hi Penny,
>
> I hope someone proves me wrong, but I don't think you can modify a
> constraint like that....I believe you have to drop it and recreate it.
>
> Steve
>
> penny wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am using Oracle8i Enterprise Edition in window 2000
> >
> > my problem as following
> >
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >
> > SQL>  create table ttt
> >   2   ( name varchar2(100)
> >   3   ,
> >   4   constraint e check (name = lower(name)));
> >
> > Table created.
> >
> > SQL> alter table ttt
> >   2  modify constraint e
> >   3  check (name = upper(name));
> > check (name = upper(name))
> > *
> > ERROR at line 3:
> > ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended
> >

> > How can I modify constraint e ????
> >
> >                                   thanks.

Penny, I believe Steve is correct.  You can find the name of the
constraint to be dropped and recreated using the dba_constraints
dictionary view.

select constraint_name, constraint_type, search_condition, status
from   sys.dba_constraints
where  table_name  =  upper('&table_name')
/

You might need to add owner to the above if you have or allow the same
object_name under different owners.

-- Mark D Powell --

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: