Re: TCP/IP with 7.4 beta2 broken?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: TCP/IP with 7.4 beta2 broken?
Дата
Re: TCP/IP with 7.4 beta2 broken?  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Can we allow the IPv6 entries to be in pg_hba.conf but ignore them on
> non-IPv6 machines, or allow the connection to fail?

I don't see a good way yet.  The fly in the ointment is that HAVE_IPV6
is set by configure based on the capabilities of userland libraries;
we cannot assume that HAVE_IPV6 means the kernel knows IPv6.  But if
we simply suppress failure messages on IPv6 addresses, we are going to
create severe headaches for people who are actually using IPv6.

Ah, the joys of portability :-(

Anyone see a clean solution?