Re: fsync vs open_sync

От pgsql@mohawksoft.com
Тема Re: fsync vs open_sync
Дата
Re: fsync vs open_sync  (Manfred Spraul <manfred@colorfullife.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Just out of interest, what happens to the difference if you use *ext3*
> (perhaps with data=writeback)

Actually, I was working for a client, so it wasn't a general exploritory,
but I can say that early on we discovered that ext3 was about the worst
file system for PostgreSQL. We gave up on it and decided to use ext2.

I have been considering a full sweep in my test lab off client time later on.

ext2, ext3, jfs, xfs, and ReiserFS, fsync on with fdatasync or open_sync,
and fsync off.

One million inserts with auto commit.