Re: Query completed in < 1s in PG 9.1 and ~ 700s in PG 9.2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Query completed in < 1s in PG 9.1 and ~ 700s in PG 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas <rr.rosas@gmail.com> writes:
> Em 06-11-2012 16:42, Merlin Moncure escreveu:
>> Hm -- looking at your 'slow' 9.2 query, it is reporting that the query
>> took 3 seconds  (reported times are in milliseconds).  How are you
>> timing the data?  What happens when you run explain analyze
>> <your_query>  from psql (as in, how long does it take)?

> The time I reported in the tables of my first message were the time
> reported by pgAdmin3 (compiled from source).

> But I get similar time when I run like this:

> time psql -p 5432 -f slow.sql db_name > slow-9.2-again.explain

> real    1m56.353s
> user    0m0.068s
> sys     0m0.020s

> slow-9.2-again.explain: http://explain.depesz.com/s/zF1

But that again shows only five seconds runtime.  If you repeat the query
several dozen times in a row, run the same way each time, do you get
consistent timings?

Can you put together a self-contained test case to duplicate these
results?  I'm prepared to believe there's some sort of planner
regression involved here, but we'll never find it without a test case.