Re: How to add column in pg_class

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How to add column in pg_class
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Rafaqat Ali <smoken0@gmail.com> writes:
>       Is there any other file in which I have to make change ?????

Fooling with any of the bootstrapped catalogs is pretty messy.
You might grab this patch from the CVS server for comparison:

* doc/src/sgml/bki.sgml, doc/src/sgml/catalogs.sgml,src/backend/bootstrap/bootstrap.c,
src/backend/catalog/pg_proc.c,src/include/catalog/catversion.h,src/include/catalog/pg_attribute.h,
src/include/catalog/pg_class.h,src/include/catalog/pg_proc.h:Add proallargtypes and proargmodescolumns to pg_proc, as
permy earlier proposal for OUT parametersupport.  The columns don't actually *do* anything yet, they arejust left
NULLs. But I thought I'd commit this part separately asa fairly pure example of the tasks needed when adding a column
topg_procor one of the other core system tables.

Whatever you're doing in heapam.c is probably wrong, too.  There is no
reason for that file to be involved in a system catalog extension ---
it operates at too low a level.