Re: 8.0 Open Items

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 8.0 Open Items
Дата
Re: 8.0 Open Items  (Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Darcy Buskermolen wrote:
>>> * remove to_char(interval) if we initdb or mention removal
>>
>> I vote just to mention it's removal at this time,

> Agreed.  Done.

While I don't care that much one way or the other --- what is the
difference between this and the prior state?  Karel already said
in the 7.4 docs that to_char(interval) would be removed in the next
release.  Why would the people who ignored the warning last time
believe it this time round?

I think that 8.0 is a more appropriate release number in which to be
taking backwards-compatibility hits than 8.1.  So if we're gonna do
it at all, I would vote for doing it now.