Re: Moving an existing database from an old version?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Moving an existing database from an old version?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Howard Eglowstein <howard@yankeescientific.com> writes:
> What I want to do is simply transplant the existing application onto the
> new database. I'd be happy to simply copy the files over and hack the
> .conf files appropriately, or if it's better, can I use PG_DUMP to
> somehoe backup the old data and restore it to the new installation?

pg_dump (or better pg_dumpall) is the way to go.  You can't just copy
the files unless it's exactly the same major version of Postgres, which
it sounds like it isn't.  Skim through the manual's discussion of
backup and restore if you're not sure how to use pg_dump.

Сообщение: Re: Moving an existing database from an old version?
Сообщение: Re: Moving an existing database from an old version?