Re: Implementing setQueryTimeout()

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Implementing setQueryTimeout()
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com> writes:
> I'd argue that "close connection on network timeout if setQueryTimeout()
> is set" is better than "do absolutely nothing special if
> setQueryTimeout() is set", anyway. If you don't want queries being
> aborted because they are taking too long to complete.. don't set a query
> timeout!

I think it's a serious, serious conceptual error to tie network timeouts
to query timeouts.  Maybe your specific application needs them to be the
same, but implementing something that forces them to be the same is a
good way to guarantee that your work won't be generally useful or
acceptable for the mainstream driver.

Сообщение: Re: Getting "This ResultSet is closed" exceptions
Сообщение: Re: Getting "This ResultSet is closed" exceptions