Re: more message fixes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: more message fixes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Here's a bunch of message fixes in the postgres.po module.  Please
> comment if anything seems amiss.

These sorts of changes trouble me a bit from a translatability standpoint:

-                     errmsg("connect = false and enabled = true are mutually exclusive options")));
+                     errmsg("%s and %s are mutually exclusive options",
+                            "connect = false", "enabled = true")));

-                        (errmsg("CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT ... USE_SNAPSHOT "
-                                "must not be called in a subtransaction")));
+                        (errmsg("%s must not be called in a subtransaction",
+                                "CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT ... USE_SNAPSHOT")));

A translator might expect the %s's to represent single words.
I think at least you'd want a translator: comment to warn about
what the insertion will be.

+            /* XXX is it okay to use %d for BlockNumber everywhere? */

BlockNumber should be %u, no?