Re: pg_dump fail beacuse of oid larger than int32

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump fail beacuse of oid larger than int32
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Ragnar Garli" <ragnar_garli@hotmail.com> writes:
>> Use a more recent pg_dump.  7.3.1's pg_dump should be able to talk to
>> your 7.1.3 server and extract the data without problems.

> Sorry, but pg_dump from 7.3.1 fails too. The problem is the errormessage it
> gets from the backend when pg_dump scans throug the pg_description table
> using the oids for the tables in the database.

> Just look at the d2 debug output from the postmaster:
> DEBUG:  StartTransactionCommand
> DEBUG:  query: SELECT description FROM pg_description WHERE objoid =
> 2325712020

This is not 7.3.1 pg_dump: you can look at the sources for yourself.
Against a 7.1 server it will do

        appendPQExpBuffer(query, "SELECT description FROM pg_description WHERE objoid = '%s'::oid", oid);

I suggest double-checking your PATH.  You must be invoking the wrong
pg_dump.