BUG #17812: LOCK TABLE IN ACCESS EXCLUSIVE MODE with a view returns an empty tuple set

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #17812: LOCK TABLE IN ACCESS EXCLUSIVE MODE with a view returns an empty tuple set
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      17812
Logged by:          Zhenglong Li
Email address:      smartkeyerror@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 15.2
Operating system:   Ubuntu 20.04

Step to reproduce the behavior

We need 2 sessions to reproduce this bug.

Firstly, we create a simple view that just fetches all the data from
table1.

And then we start a transaction and lock table1 with AccessExclusive Mode in
Read Committed Transaction Isolation Level.

After that, we try to use CTAS to create a temp table table2 using the data
from table1 in session2, and this will be blocked by AccessExclusive Lock.

Finally, we insert some data into table1 in session1 and commit it, session2
will continue, but there is no data in table2.

```sql
--------[ Sessions 1 ]--------

show transaction_isolation;
 transaction_isolation
-----------------------
 read committed

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS table1 CASCADE;

CREATE TABLE table1 (
    zahl    integer,
    upd_dat timestamp without time zone
);

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW view1 as select zahl,upd_dat from table1;

BEGIN;
LOCK TABLE table1 IN ACCESS EXCLUSIVE MODE;
TRUNCATE TABLE table1;

--------[ Sessions 2 ]--------

show transaction_isolation;
 transaction_isolation
-----------------------
 read committed

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS table2 CASCADE;

CREATE TEMP TABLE table2 AS select zahl,upd_dat from view1;
-- this will hang now waiting for a lock form session1

--------[ Sessions 1 ]--------
SELECT clock_timestamp();
INSERT INTO table1 SELECT i zahl,clock_timestamp() upd_dat FROM
generate_series(1,10) a(i);
COMMIT;

--------[ Sessions 2 ]--------
SELECT * FROM table2 limit 10;
 zahl | upd_dat
------+---------
(0 rows)
```

 But when we used a table, there will have data:

```sql
--------[ Sessions 1 ]--------

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS table1 CASCADE;

CREATE TABLE table1 (
    zahl    integer,
    upd_dat timestamp without time zone
);

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW view1 as select zahl,upd_dat from table1;

BEGIN;
LOCK TABLE table1 IN ACCESS EXCLUSIVE MODE;
TRUNCATE TABLE table1;

--------[ Sessions 2 ]--------

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS table2 CASCADE;

CREATE TEMP TABLE table2 AS select zahl,upd_dat from table1;
-- this will hang now waiting for a lock form session1

--------[ Sessions 1 ]--------
SELECT clock_timestamp();
INSERT INTO table1 SELECT i zahl,clock_timestamp() upd_dat FROM
generate_series(1,10) a(i);
COMMIT;

--------[ Sessions 2 ]--------
SELECT * FROM table2 limit 10;