Re: BUG #14147: Restore of MatView of Foreign Data Table fails

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #14147: Restore of MatView of Foreign Data Table fails
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
lalbin@scharp.org writes:
> I have found that restoration of Materialized Views of Foreign Data Tables
> where user postgres does not have a user mapping will fail. It seems that it
> is trying to execute the Foreign Data Table in some way instead of reading
> the Foreign Table Definition.

This is another variant of a problem that's been complained of multiple
times before: CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW ... WITH NO DATA runs planning and
even does ExecutorStart for the view's query, causing issues such as lack
of permissions to be exposed.  This breaks assorted assumptions in pg_dump
and probably other places.  We need to refactor things so that that does
not happen.  Kevin, are you planning to fix that anytime soon?