Re: BUG #1100: pd_dump doesn't work with upper case table names

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #1100: pd_dump doesn't work with upper case table names
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org> writes:
> I have found that in PG 7.4.1 the dump_pg command
> no longer seems to work with upper case table names.

Works fine for me:

regression=# create table "SA_SSN" ("F1" int);
CREATE TABLE
regression=# \q
$ pg_dump -t SA_SSN regression
-- (produces dump of table)
$ pg_dump -t sa_ssn regression
pg_dump: specified table "sa_ssn" does not exist

Are you quite sure you created the table with an upper-case name?

Also: some time back, we had versions of pg_dump that behaved
differently in this respect; perhaps you are mistakenly invoking an
old pg_dump.  (Though I'd think that a pg_dump that old would fail
completely against a 7.4 server anyway ...)