Re: Referential Integrity corrupted sometimes by Rules

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Referential Integrity corrupted sometimes by Rules
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> -- Rule over the referenced table
> -- which breaks referential integrity
> create rule nodelrel
> as on delete to rel
> where old.ref > 3 and user = 'prueba'
> do instead nothing;

This rule is preventing the foreign key triggers from performing the
DELETEs implied by your ON DELETE CASCADE command.  If we made the
triggers bypass the rules, we'd get other complaints about that.
At the moment, the rule wins.  If you want to propose a different
behavior, let's hear it.