Re: functional call named notation clashes with SQL feature

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: functional call named notation clashes with SQL feature
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> One concern I have is that in PL/pgSQL, := and = behave the same, while
>> in SQL, they would not.  That might cause confusion.

> I doubt there will be much confusion.

I agree.  Bruce is ignoring the fact that they are *not* interchangeable
even in plpgsql, except in the one context of the assignment operator.
If you try to use := in a SQL construct it won't work, egif (a := b) then ...if (a = b) then ...
have never been equivalent.