Re: non-static LIKE patterns

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: non-static LIKE patterns
Дата
Список pgsql-general
patrick keshishian <pkeshish@gmail.com> writes:
> Thanks for the quick reply. Would be tough choosing another
> "reasonable" ESCAPE character while dealing with paths. Will think
> more about this.

If you want it to be bulletproof, what I'd think about is something like

    WHERE second.path LIKE quote_like(first.path)||'%'

where quote_like() is a function that inserts a backslash before each
backslash, percent, and underscore in the given value.  Probably not
hard to cons that up from regexp_replace().