Re: [HACKERS] samekeys

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] samekeys
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I think I have solved the optimizer problem.  It appears in samekeys().
> Can someone check that function, and see if you come up with the same
> fix I do (without knowing my fix)?

"member" -> "equal", perhaps?

I looked at that before and thought it was a little strange, but I
didn't and still don't understand the data structures being compared.

I also wondered whether the two lists ought not be required to be
exactly the same length, rather than allowing keys2 to be longer.

> A 9-table join that used to run for minutes and fail now completes in
> seconds!

Pick some smaller joins and see whether the optimizer still finds
the same answer...