Re: multiple CREATE FUNCTION AS items for PLs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: multiple CREATE FUNCTION AS items for PLs
Дата
Re: multiple CREATE FUNCTION AS items for PLs
Список pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing <hannu@2ndQuadrant.com> writes:
> On further thought the function name should just be what it is defined
> in postgresql, like this

> CREATE FUNCTION foo(a,b,c) AS $$
>      import x
>          from __future__ import nex_cool_feature

>          def helper_function(x):

>          def foo(a,b,c):
>              defined function body here

>          def bar(i,j):
>              function body for bar(i,j)
> $$ language plpythonu;

>> but this would not be backwards compatible, at least not in any
>> obvious way.

> This is still unfortunately true :(

Could we say that *if* the function text contains a line beginning
"def function_name" then we interpret it as above, otherwise oldstyle?
I'm not sure how big a risk of false positives there'd be.

Сообщение: Re: multiple CREATE FUNCTION AS items for PLs
Сообщение: Re: multiple CREATE FUNCTION AS items for PLs